Vacancy: TGCL Assistent Accountant
UNIVERSITY OF DAR-ES-SALAAM SCHOOL OF LAW
TANZANIAN - GERMAN CENTRE
FOR EASTERN AFRICAN LEGAL STUDIES [TGCL]
The Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for employment on annual contract basis to fill the following post.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Qualification and Experience: The applicants should possess the following academic and professional qualifications.
- Possession of a good form VI certificate.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution;
- One (1) year working experience serving in similar position will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Procurement procedures and IT will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures;
- Knowledge of accounting principles;
- Knowledge of the preparation process for financial statements in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting financial records;
- Skill in analyzing, preparing, checking and balancing routine fiscal transactions and accounts;
- Ability to prepare accurate financial statements.
- General management of TGCL accounts;
- Prepare accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports and ensure the accuracy and completeness of the same;
- Receive payment by cash, cheques or any other forms of payment commonly used in Tanzania;
- Maintain accounting records and balancing accounts (double entry book keeping);
- Preparing and payment of staff salaries and student allowances;
- Using computerized accounting system and maintaining accurate accounting records.
- Process bills for payment; File and tally deposits;
- Communicating with the bank
- Communicating with the German project partner;
- Assisting in the organization of TGCL events and other activities as directed by the Coordinator.
Terms of service:
Contract of one year, and subject to three months probation.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should apply in confidence (letters to include telephone contacts) to the undersigned enclosing:
- Detailed CV;
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and transcripts;
- Reference letters of at least two referees (to be submitted in hard copies only).
NB: Applications should be done in both hard and soft copies.
Applications should be sent to:
University of Dar-es-Salaam School of Law
- O. Box 35093
University of Dar-es-Salaam
Dar-es-Salaam [where possible deliver hard copies to the TGCL office – UDSM Mikocheni campus opposite Mikocheni B Police post - directly]
This advertisement can also be found in TGCL’s website: www.tgcl.uni-bayreuth.de
DEADLINE: 31st December 2020